Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has been working day in, day out to adhere by its calendar since Januray 2019. This time also it is not different, SSC is officially going to released Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) 2019-20 notification on 03rd December 2019. A lot of candidates were waiting for SSC CHSL 2019 Notification. After almost two years students are getting some ray of hope from SSC. SSC will declare the SSC CHSL 2017 Final Result on 20th December 2019. SSC Conducts CHSL Examination for the posts of Data Entry Operator (DEO), Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants(PA/SA), Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC) and Court Clerk. Candidates can apply for the SSC CHSL 2019 from 03rd December 2019 to 10th January 2020. Eligible candidates can check all the details here and can apply by clicking on the link mentioned below once it is active.
SSC CHSL 2019: Important Dates
The exam dates for SSC CHSL 2019 will be released by SSC along with its official notification. Check all the Important Dates Here.
|SSC CHSL 2019 Important Dates|
|SSC CHSL 2019 Notification Date||03rd of December 2019|
|Online Form submission Start||03rd of December 2019|
|Last Date to submit Application||10th of January 2020|
|SSC CHSL 2019 Tier 1 Exam Dates||16th to 27th March 2020|
|SSC CHSL 2019 Tier-1 Answer Key Date||To be notified later|
|SSC CHSL 2019 Tier 1 Result Date||To be notified later|
|SSC CHSL 2019 Tier 2 Exam Date||28th of June 2020|
|SSC CHSL 2019 Tier 2 Result Date||To be notified later|
|SSC CHSL 2019 Tier 3 Exam Dates||To be notified later|
|SSC CHSL 2019 Final Result Date||To be notified later|
Note: All dates will be updated once the notification released on SSC Website.
SSC CHSL 2019: Eligibility Criteria
All the aspiring candidates of SSC CHSL 2019 have to abide by the all the Eligibility Criteria Decided by the Commission.
- Candidate of SSC CHSL 2019 must be Citizen of either India or Nepal or Bhutan. If a candidate is citizen of Nepal or Bhutan shall have a Certificate of Eligibility issued by Government of India in favour of him/her.
- Educational/Technical Qualification & Experience:– As per the SSC CHSL 2019 Notification the Education/ Technical qualification for various posts are given in table below:
(A) The basic requirement is a pass certificate in class 12 from a recognized board or university.
(B) For Data Entry Operator post in the office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG),
applicants must have studied science and mathematics as main subjects.
NOTE– Candidates who are appearing in their 12th standard can also apply provided they produce the educational qualification and the documentary evidence from the board/ university before August 1, 2019
- SSC CHSL 2019 Candidates Age Limit: The age of candidates must be between 18 to 27 years. The age relexation for different categories is given in the table below
- SSC CHSL 2019 Age Relaxation: As per government guidelines age relaxation in SSC CHSL 2019 is given in table below:
|PH + OBC||13 years|
|PH + SC/ST||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
- SSC CHSL 2019 Application Fee: The application Fee for SSC CHSL 2019 as per the categories is given below:
SSC CHSL 2019 Exam Pattern
Exam Pattern of SSC CHSL 2019 is explained in the tables below. SSC CHSL 2019 comprises of three Tiers. Tier-I is mainly screening exam and scoring also.
|Tier||Type of Examination||Mode of examination|
|Tier-I||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|Tier-II||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|Tier-III||Descriptive Paper in Hindi/ English||Pen and Paper Mode|
|Tier-IV||Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test||Wherever Applicable|
The SSC CHSL 2019 Tier I and Tier II are scheduled to be held from 16th to 27th March 2020 and 28th June 2020 respectively. The elaborated Exam Patterns of Tier I, Tier II and Tier III of SSC CHSL 2019 Recruitment are given in the table below. It is important for candidates to know every bit of exam pattern to prepare well for every section of the examination.
|I||General Intelligence and
|25||50||60 Minutes (Total)|
Note- In Tier-I, there will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer.
After qualifying Tier-I of SSC CHSL 2019 Examination. Candidates have to appear for Tier II and Tier III. SSC CHSL Tier II is scheduled to be held on 28th June 2019. The Exam Pattern of SSC CHSL Tier-II and Tier III and is explained in table below.
|Tier||Mode of Examination||Scheme of Examination||Maximum Marks||Time Allowed|
|II||Pen and Paper Mode||Descriptive Paper in
English or Hindi
(Writing of Essay/ Precis/
Letter/ Application etc.)
|Proficiency in Word Processing,
Generation of Slides and
|No Marks||Not mentioned|
Students must note down that Tier II is scoring and qualifying in nature while Tier III is only qualifying in nature. You have to do well in all the Tiers of SSC CHSL Examination. Candidates can check detailed exam pattern and Syllabus on our website by clicking on the link provided below.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern Details: Click here
SSC CHSL 2019 Document Verification
All the candidates qualified for Document Verification are required to come for Document Verification. Those who fail to do so will not be considered for any post at the time of final selection. Candidates will have to submit copies of various documents like Matriculation Certificate, educational qualification, caste certificate, relevant document, if any relaxation is taken, etc. Candidates will be required to produce all documents in original for verification at the time of document verification. Information about the required documents will be provided while calling candidates for DV. Detailed options for posts will be taken either online or at the time of document verification.
SSC CHSL 2019: Syllabus
SSC CHSL 2019 Tier I comprises four Sections/Subjects that are mentioned below:
- General Knowledge
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Reasoning
- English Comprehension
Let’s have a look at the detailed syllabus of all these 4 sections:
|General Reasoning||General Knowledge||Quantitative Aptitude||English Comprehension|
|Verbal Reasoning||Current Affairs||Percentage||Reading Comprehension|
|Syllogism||Awards and Honours||Number Series||Grammar|
|Circular Seating Arrangement||Books and Authors||Data Interpretation||Vocabulary|
|Linear Seating Arrangement||Sports||Mensuration and Geometry||Verbal Ability|
|Double Lineup||Entertainment||Quadratic Equation||Synonyms-Antonyms|
|Scheduling||Obituaries||Interest||Active and Passive Voice|
|Input Output||Important Dates||Problems of Ages||Para Jumbles|
|Blood Relations||Scientific Research||Profit and Loss||Fill in the Blanks|
|Directions and Distances||Static General Knowledge
(History, Geography, etc.)
|Ratio and Proportions &
Mixture and Alligation
|Ordering and Ranking||Portfolios||Speed, Distance and Time||Cloze Test|
|Data Sufficiency||Persons in News||Time and Work|
|Coding and Decoding||Important Schemes||Number System|
|Code Inequalities||Data Sufficiency|
Click here to check SSC CHSL 2019 Syllabus of all tiers.
Click here to check the elaborated SSC CHSL 2019 Exam Pattern
Prerequisites for SSC CHSL 2019 Application Form:
Important things which you should keep with you while filling the Application Form:
- Scanned copy of your Signature ( 1kb < Size < 12 kb ) in JPG format.
- Scanned copy of your Photo ( 4 kb < Size < 20kb ) in JPG format.
- You should have a valid E-Mail I.D with you which can be used for registration purpose.
- You should have a valid Identity Proof with you.
SSC CHSL 2019: Online Form
- Eligible and interested candidates may apply online for SSC CHSL 2019 Recruitment. The link for the online application will be added here on 03rd December 2019:
Click here to Apply Online for SSC CHSL 2019 [Link Inactive]
SSC CHSL 2019 Instructions to fill Application Form
- Click on the link mentioned above and you will be redirected to the SSC official site directly.
- A page will be opened where you will get the registration and login form.
- If you are already registered for SSC Exams, then fill the login details to apply for SSC CHSL. But if you are not registered, then first you need to fill the registration form.
- After login, go to “Apply Now” and fill all the required details i.e Name, Father’s name, Mother’s name, Education Qualification, Address, educational qualifications and all the degree’s you hold ,etc.
- After that Fill in your communication address and Upload your Photo and signature.
- Before submitting the form, preview your details.
- Once you submit the form, the next step is to pay your fee. The application fee is acceptable in online and offline modes.
- Pay your fee through Debit/Credit card/Net Banking/E-Challan if applicable.
- Click on submit and Your form will be submitted successfully.
- Your Online SSC CHSL 2019 application process is completed and you can take print out of the application form for further use.
Click Here to Know More about the SSC CHSL 2019 Exam Pattern
Click Here to Know More about the SSC CHSL 2019 Syllabus
Click Here to Check the SSC CHSL 2019 Official Notification[To be out soon]
SSC CHSL 2019 Important Instructions to Candidates
BEFORE APPLYING, CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO GO THROUGH THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN HERE, VERY CAREFULLY.
- The Commission will not undertake detailed scrutiny of applications for the eligibility and other aspects at the time of written examination and, therefore, candidature will be accepted only provisionally. The candidates are advised to go through the requirements of educational qualification, age, physical standards etc. and satisfy themselves that they are eligible for the post(s) before applying. Copies of supporting documents will be sought at the time of document verification. When scrutiny is undertaken, if any claim made in the application is not found substantiated, the candidature will be cancelled and the Commission’s decision shall be final.
- Candidates seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD/ExS must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation as per eligibility prescribed in the Notice. They should also be in possession of the certificates in the
prescribed format in support of their claim.
- Candidates with physical disability of 40% and more only would be considered as Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and entitled to reservation for Persons with Disabilities.
- Central Government Civilian Employees claiming age relaxation should produce a certificate in the prescribed format from their office at the time of document verification in respect of the length of continuous service which should be
for not less than three years during the period immediately preceding the closing date for receipt of application. They should remain Central Government civilian employees till the time of appointment in the event of their selection.
- Fee payable: Rupees one hundred only (Rs.100/-) payable through SBI Challan/ SBI Net Banking or by using Visa, MasterCard or Maestro Credit/ Debit card. Fee is exempted for all Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Fee paid more than once for the same applications with service charge etc. will also not be refunded.
- Candidate should note down and retain ‘Registration-ID’ and ‘Password’ provided to them while making ‘One-Time Registration’ which is required for filling online application.
- When application is successfully submitted, it will be accepted ‘Provisionally’. Candidate should take printout of the application form for their own records. Printout of the ‘Application Form’ is not required to be submitted to the Commission at any stage.
- Only one online application is allowed to be submitted by a candidate for Combined Graduate Level Examination-2018. Therefore, the candidates are advised to exercise due diligence at the time of filling their application forms. In case, more than one applications of a candidate are detected, the Commission will consider latest application. If a candidate submits multiple applications and appears in the examination (at any stage) more than once, his/ her candidature will be cancelled and he/ she will be debarred from the examinations of the Commission for three years.
- The candidates must write their name, date of birth, father’s name and mother’s name strictly as given in the matriculation certificate otherwise their candidature may be cancelled at the time of document verification or as and when comes into the notice of the commission.
- Applications with illegible/ blurred Photograph/ Signature will be rejected summarily.
- Request for change/ correction in any particulars in the Application Form, once submitted, will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- Candidates are advised to fill their correct and active e-mail addresses and mobile number in the online application as correspondence may be made by the Commission through e-mail/ SMS.
- The candidates must carry at least one latest photo bearing identification proof such as Driving License, Voter Card, Aadhaar Card, Identity Card issued by University/ College, Income Tax Pan Card, etc in original to the Examination Venue, failing which they shall not be allowed to appear for the same.
- Mobiles and other electronic gadgets including Bluetooth devices are banned within the premises of the examination centers. Possession of such equipment whether in use or in switch off mode, during the examination will be considered as use of unfair means. Candidature of such candidates will be cancelled. They will be liable for further action including initiation of criminal proceedings and debarment from commission’s examination up to 3 (three) years, as may be decided by the commission.
- In case of Fake/ fabricated application/ registration by misusing any dignitaries name/ photo, such candidate/ cyber cafe will be held responsible for the same and liable for suitable legal action under cyber/ IT act.
- lAA the posts carry All India Service Liability (AISL) i.e. the candidate, on selection, may be asked to serve anywhere in the country
SSC CHSL 2019: Centers of Examination
A candidate must indicate the Center(s) in the online Application Form in which he/ she desires to take the examination. Details about the Examination Centers and Regional Offices under whose jurisdiction these Examination Centers are located are as follows:
|Examination Centers &
|SSC Region and
States/ UTs under
the jurisdiction of
|Address of the Regional
Bareilly(3005), Gorakhpur(3007) ,
|Central Region (CR)/
Bihar and Uttar
|Regional Director (CR),
21-23, Lowther Road,
(WB)(4403), Chinsurah (4405),
Sambalpur(4609), Port Blair (4802)
|Eastern Region (ER)/
Sikkim and West
|Regional Director (ER),
1st MSO Building,(8th
|Regional Director (KKR),
Commission, 1st Floor,
“E” Wing, Kendriya
|Dy. Director (MPR),
J-5, Anupam Nagar,
|Northern Region (NR)/
NCT of Delhi,
|Regional Director (NR),
Staff Selection Commission,
Block No. 12,
CGO Complex, Lodhi
Road, New Delhi-110003
Dodda (1009), Hamirpur(1202),
Shimla(1203), Bhathinda (1401),
and Kashmir and
|Dy. Director (NWR),
Block No. 3, Ground
Floor, Kendriya Sadan,
|Southern Region (SR)/
|Regional Director (SR),
Commission, 2nd Floor, EVK
College Road, Chennai,
Nagpur(7205), Nanded (7206),
Dadra and Nagar
Haveli, Daman and
Diu, Goa, Gujarat
|Regional Director (WR),
101, Maharshi Karve
|Regional Director (NER),
Road, P. O. Assam
SSC CHSL 2019 Resolution of Tie Cases
In the event of tie in scores of candidates in Tier-I+Teir-II examinations, merit will be decided by applying following criteria, one after another, till the tie is resolved:
- Total marks of Tier-II Examination.
- Total marks in Tier-I Examination.
- Date of birth, with older candidate placed higher.
- Alphabetical order in which the first names of the candidates appear.
SSC CHSL Essential Educational Qualification Code
|Educational Qualification Code||Code|
|AMIE (Part A & Part B)||15|
|Graduation issued by Defence
(Indian Army, Air Force,Navy)
|M. Sc. (Engg.)||32|