Staff Selection Commission
The Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination-2018 (Tier-II) was conducted by the Staff Selection Commission on 29-09-2019. This examination was arranged for 45101 candidates out of which 36112 candidates appeared in the examination. The result of the said examination was declared on 25-02-2020 wherein 32600 candidates (30822 unique candidates) have been shortlisted for appearing in the Skill Test against 5918 tentative vacancies. 4560 candidates were rejected on the grounds of unfair means (UFM).
2. Some of the rejected candidates have submitted representations to the Commission requesting for revisiting the decision of the Commission about their rejection.
3. In this regard instructions given in the Notice of Examination are as under:
“13.6.6 Candidates are strictly advised not to write any personal identity e.g. name, Roll Number, Mobile Number, Address, etc inside the Answer Book. The candidates who fail to adhere to these instructions will be awarded zero marks.”
4. In addition, the following instructions were also given on the cover page of the Question-cum-Answer Book of the said examination:
“Candidates are strictly advised not to write any personal identity (real or imaginary, e.g. name, roll no, mobile no, address, etc (other than the name and address given in the question) inside the Answer Book otherwise their Answer Book will not be evaluated and they shall be awarded zero marks.”
5. It has been observed that a majority of candidates have followed the instructions of the Commission meticulously. However, 4560 candidates did not follow the instructions of the Commission and
Sensitivity: Internal & Restricted
mentioned their identities (real or imaginary, e.g. name, address, mobile number, etc) inside the Answer Books. On the basis of the identities (real or imaginary) inside the answer book, identities of the concerned candidates can be recognized at the evaluation stage and hence all these candidates have been rejected under UFM by awarding zero marks. The action of the Commission in rejecting 4560 candidates is, as such, in accordance with the instructions of the examination.
6. However, in view of the representations received by the Commission, dealing with the above issue, the Commission has decided to constitute a committee of experts to examine the matter and give its recommendations for the consideration of the Commission.
Under Secretary (P&P-I)