About SSC CGL
Staff Selection Commission has been one of the most desirable organizations for Government exams in India. It conducts Combined Graduate Level – SSC CGL exam every year for recruitment to non-technical Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ non gazetted posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India.
Every year thousands of vacancies are filled by SSC in Government departments. Govt. jobs are the most sought after career choice in India. More so, the government is focusing on providing better facilities and services in every aspect of our lives. Govt is focusing on the development of our country and to do that millions of Jobs will be created in the coming years. SSC is the leading Govt. organization that provides employment to lakhs of students in India. A great opportunity lies ahead for all the SSC aspirants.
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for recruitment to various subordinate services like:
• Assistants in Ministries/Departments, Attached and Subordinate office of the Govt. of India.
• Inspectors of Central Excise & Customs.
• Inspectors of Income Tax.
• Preventive Officers in Customs.
• Examiner in Customs.
• Sub-Inspectors in Central Bureau of Narcotics & CBI.
• Assistant Enforcement Officer in Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue.
• Divisional Accountant, Jr. Accountant, Auditor & UDCs in various offices of Govt. of India.
• Auditor Offices under C&AG, CGDA, CGA & others.
• Accountant/ Junior Accountant
• Tax Assistant in CBDT and CBEC
• Compiler in Registrar General of India.
SSC CGL Selection Process
SSC CGL 2020 Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
1.1 Tier-I: Computer Based Examination
1.2 Tier-II: Computer Based Examination
1.3 Tier-III: Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
1.4 Tier-IV: Computer Proficiency Test/ Data Entry Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
• All candidates who have applied successfully for SSC CGL 2020 exam, will be assigned Roll numbers and Admit Card for appearing in the Computer Based Examination (Tier-I).
• Based on the marks scored in Tier-I, candidates will be shortlisted, category-wise, to appear in Tier-II and Tier-III Examinations.
• Separate cut-offs will be fixed for Paper-III of Tier-II (i.e. for the post of JSO and Statistical Investigator Grade-II), Paper-IV of Tier-II (i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer and Assistant Accounts Officer) and for Paper-I + Paper-II of Tier-II (i.e. for all other posts).
• Tier-II and Tier-III Examinations will be conducted for all the candidates qualified in Tier-I.
• In Tier-II, all the candidates will be required to appear in Paper-I and Paper-II. However, only specific candidates shortlisted for the posts of JSO/ Statistical Investigator and Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer will be required to appear in Paper-III and Paper-IV respectively.
SSC has introduced minimum qualifying marks in SSC CGL 2020 Exam. Minimum qualifying marks in Tier-I, each Paper of Tier-II and Tier-III Examination are as follows:
14.3.1 UR : 30%
14.3.2 OBC/ EWS : 25%
14.3.3 Others : 20%
SSC CGL 2020 Exam Pattern
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) every year in four levels for various posts. The Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – III||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mode|
|Tier – IV||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable|
SSC CGL 2020 Syllabus
The major sections asked in SSC CGL 2020 Preliminary Exam are General Awareness, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language.
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||General Awareness||Quantitative Aptitude||English Comprehension|
|Classification||Static General Knowledge (Indian History, Culture etc.)||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Analogy||Science||Interest||Fill in the Blanks|
|Word Formation||Sports||Percentage||Phrases and Idioms|
|Matrix||Books and Authors||Ratio and Proportion||One word Substitution|
|Important Schemes||Problem on Ages|